Distilled Water: The Pure Solution to Improved Health and Hygiene
Posted by Southern Homebrew on 26th Mar 2023
Distilled water is water that has been purified through a process of boiling and condensing. The process removes impurities and minerals, leaving behind pure H2O. While it may seem like an unnecessary step in the water purification process, there are actually many uses and benefits to making distilled water at home.
This blog explores the many uses and benefits of distilled water, as well as how to make it at home. From medical procedures to household cleaning tasks, distilled water can improve health and hygiene in a variety of ways. Learn about the benefits of using distilled water for improved digestion, hydration, and reduced risk of mineral buildup, as well as its uses in cooking, baking, and skincare. With easy-to-follow steps for making distilled water at home, this blog offers a simple solution for obtaining pure, high-quality water.
Overview of Uses & Benefits For Distilling Water At Home
II. Uses of Distilled Water
- Medical Uses: Distilled water is often used in medical procedures, such as dialysis and surgical procedures. This is because the water is free of minerals and other impurities that can cause complications during medical procedures. It is used for preparing medications, cleaning medical equipment, and in laboratory tests.
- Domestic/Household Uses: Distilled water can be used in the home for a variety of purposes, including in steam irons, humidifiers, and aquariums. cleaning windows and mirrors. Since the water is free of minerals and other impurities, it won't leave behind streaks or residue. It is also used in some types of home brewing and distilling.
- Automotive Applications: Distilled water is often used in car batteries and cooling systems because it does not contain minerals or other impurities that could cause corrosion or blockages.
- Cooking and Baking: Distilled water is also a great choice for cooking and baking, as it won't alter the taste of the food. Additionally, it can help to prevent mineral buildup in appliances such as coffee makers and kettles. Additionally, distilled water can be used for preparing baby formula or making ice cubes. It is also used in some types of food processing, such as for making beer and other alcoholic beverages.
- Beauty and Skincare: Distilled water is often used in beauty and skincare products, as it is gentle and won't irritate the skin. It can also be used to dilute essential oils and other ingredients for use in homemade skincare products.
III. Benefits of Distilled Water
- Improved Digestion: Since distilled water is free of impurities, it can help to improve digestion by reducing the amount of minerals and other substances that can cause digestive issues.
- Improved Hydration: Distilled water is pure H2O, which means it can be absorbed more easily by the body than water that contains impurities. This can help to improve hydration levels and keep the body functioning properly.
- Reduced Risk of Mineral Buildup: Water that contains minerals can leave behind deposits in appliances such as coffee makers and kettles. By using distilled water, you can reduce the risk of mineral buildup and extend the life of your appliances.
- Better Tasting Beverages: When making beverages such as coffee or tea, using distilled water can help to improve the taste. This is because the water won't alter the flavor of the ingredients.
- Cost-Effective: Making distilled water at home can be more cost-effective than buying it at retail stores for several reasons:
- Lower Cost Per Gallon: When making distilled water at home, you only need to invest in a distiller and the cost of tap water. This is a one-time investment that can produce an unlimited amount of distilled water. On the other hand, buying distilled water at retail stores can cost up to $1 or more per gallon, which can add up over time.
- Reduced Transportation Costs: Buying distilled water at retail stores involves transportation costs, which can drive up the price. By making distilled water at home, you eliminate the need for transportation costs altogether.
- Convenience: Making distilled water at home is a convenient solution, as you can produce distilled water whenever you need it, without having to make a trip to the store. This can save you time and money in the long run.
Overall, making distilled water at home can be a more cost-effective solution compared to buying it at retail stores. With a one-time investment in a distiller and tap water, you can produce unlimited amounts of pure, high-quality water, without having to pay the markup costs associated with retail store prices.
IV. How to Make Distilled Water at Home
Making distilled water at home is a simple process that can be done using a distiller. Distillers are available in a variety of sizes and can be purchased in-store or online at Southern Homebrew.
Thankfully there is a large variety of distiller equipment, supplies, and additives available to aid in the making of your distilled water that can also be used to make distilled spirits such as rum, gin, whiskey and vodka to name a few.
At Southern Homebrew we have a large collection of everything you need for your distillation needs, inclusive of distilling water. Below are some of our premium distilling equipment we recommend for your review and purchase.
|Still Spirits: Air Still Spirits Pro||Still Spirits Copper T500 Condenser|
Tight On Space? Click Here For Detailed
Review Of This New Gem!
To make distilled water at home, follow these steps:
- Fill the distiller with tap water.
- Turn on the distiller and wait for the water to boil.
- As the water boils, it will turn into steam and rise into the distiller's condenser. The condenser will cool the steam, causing it to condense back into water.
- The distilled water will collect in a separate container, while any impurities and minerals will remain in the distiller's boiling chamber.
- Store the distilled water in a clean, airtight container until ready to use.
In conclusion, while it may seem like an unnecessary step in the water purification process, making distilled water at home can have many uses and benefits. From medical procedures to household cleaning tasks, distilled water can help to improve health and hygiene in a variety of ways. So why not give it a try and see how it can benefit you and your family?